- News Argus article on April 10th, 2008 Initiative sets sights on developing local food sources
- News Argus article on April 6th, 2008 Garden of Hope
- RAFI USA has awarded WFI $14,000 grant, Dec, 2008
- Heifer International has awarded WFI a $10,000 concept grant, Oct 2008
- The Conservation Fund has awarded WFI a $500 planning grant to develop a food assessment plan
- The Wayne County Public Library garden program received a $3,000 Summer Reading Grant from the American Library Association! check out the announcement on their site
- the first nine months of planning meetings for Wayne County Community Food Systems Initiative are a CEFS Community Food Systems Initiative and are funded by a planning grant from the University Extension, Engagement and Economic Development Grant at NC State.
- CEFS and CASTLES received a join Technology Assistance Grant from the Southern Sustainable Agriculture Working Group.
- Wayne County Community Food Systems Initiative was invited to submit a Community Food Projects proposal, pending funding in the 2008 Farm Bill.